500 New Acquisitions
All Artists A-Z
Prices up to 500 EUR
500 - 1,000 EUR
1,000 - 3,000 EUR
3,000 - 5,000 EUR
5,000 - 10,000 EUR
10,000 - 25,000 EUR
25,000 - 50,000 EUR
over 50,000 EUR
very important paintings
WORKS OF ART
SAVE MONEY !!
1 EUR = 1 USD
James Faed "Sir Walter Scott and his friends in Abbotsford", large engraving, 1854
600 EUR - 25% DISCOUNT = 450,00 EUR
FINAL DISCOUNT PRICE= 450,00 USD
( for EUR price see date rate )
Please note: Shipping and insurance costs are not included in this promotion, ONLY ITEM PRICES!
(please note additional 13% tax applies for transactions concluded within the European Union)
This large engraving after a famous painting by Thomas Faed in the Scottish National Gallery, Edinburgh (CLICK HERE) shows the famous English writer Sir Walter Scott with his literary friends at his Abbotsford House (CLICK HERE). It was published in 1854 by London editor James Keith and New York publisher "Williams Stevens & Williams"
Here, portrayed from left to right, are:
1) James Ballantyne (1772-1833; Scottish editor and publisher; CLICK HERE)
2) Archibald Constable (1774-1827; Scottish publisher, bookseller and stationer; CLICK HERE)
3) Thomas Campbell (1777-1844; Scottish poet; CLICK HERE)
4) Thomas Moore (1779-1852; Irish poet; CLICK HERE)
5) Sir Adam Fergusson (1770-1854; deputy keeper of the regalia of Scotland and one of the companions of Walter Scott at Edinburgh University; CLICK HERE)
6) Francis Jeffrey, Lord Jeffrey (1773-1850; Scottish judge and literary critic; CLICK HERE)
7) William Wordsworth (1770-1850; English Romantic poet; CLICK HERE)
8) Johan Gibson Lockhart (1794-1854; Scottish writer and editor; CLICK HERE)
9) George Crabbe (17541832; English poet, surgeon and clergyman; CLICK HERE)
10) Henry Mackenzie (1745-1831; Scottish writer; CLICK HERE)
11) Sir Walter Scott himself (1771-1832; Scottish historical novelist, playwright and poet; CLICK HERE)
12) (on footstool), James Hogg (1770-1835; Scottish poet, novelist and essayist; CLICK HERE).
1) Sir Humphrey Davy (1778-1829); Cornish chemist and inventor; CLICK HERE)
2) Sir David Wilkie (1785-1841; Scottish painter; CLICK HERE)
3) Sir William Allan (1782-1850; Scottish historical painter, president of the Royal Scottish Academy; CLICK HERE)
4) John Wilson (1785-1854; Scottish advocate, literary critic and author; CLICK HERE).
We add that author of this engraving, James Faed (1821 Builey Mill - 1911 Edinburgh) was Thomas Faed's older brother.
Provenance: US antique trade
Creation Year: 1854
Measurements: UNFRAMED:60,5x80,0cm/23,8x31,5in FRAMED: 85,0x104,0cm/33,5x40,9in
Object Type: Framed engraving
Style: Decorative prints
Technique: steel engraving
Creator: James Faed
To see other works by this artist click on the name above!
Creator Dates: 1821 Builey Mill-1911 Edinburgh
Nationality: English / Scottish / British
SHIPPING COSTS UPON REQUEST:
Click here for images free of watermark!
Click on images or on to see larger pictures!